128th MEETING OF THE BURRUM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INCORPORATED
HELD ON MONDAY, 3rd AUGUST, 2009
Meeting commenced at 7.03pm.
Fraser Coast Councilor Gerard O’Connell in attendance
- Economic Benefit Strategy update – first draft gone to Council for further analysis – summary sent to Leigh Bennett – time frame 19th August – issues relevant to each area. Key members from Chambers and other groups for reference – concept is to use recourses already available.
- Gerard thanked Chamber for support – Bill asked why an outside consultant was appointed – Gerard replied that someone outside of council would be a better alternative as well as being familiar with the area.
- Regional Tourism Meeting – held in Bundaberg. Burrum Chamber reps attended.
- Fraser Coast Chamber of Commerce – meeting has been held with executives of Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Tiaro and ourselves – will give all chambers a wider scope – next meeting to be held in Howard – will be chaired by Steven Dixon – not yet incorporated but this will be discussed at next meeting.
- Room Rent – Community Centre need to charge rent on the room used for meetings – cost will be $10.00 per hour – moved Bill Gosewisch, seconded Henry Sapiecha that this be accepted.
- Request for award nominations – we have 32 aged units in Howard and Torbanlea – Bill Gosewisch to follow up on this.
- Membership Fees – Henry Sapiecha moved, seconded by Scott Kelly that we increase our membership fees from $40.00 to $60.00 – no objections. The requirement for membership is that any members must have or being nominated by businesses that have an ABN.
- Logo – proposals for change of chamber logo to be submitted at next meeting. Samples of over 100 designs supplied by Henry Sapiecha for assessment by members.
- Letter of Response to discussions held with Andrew Jackson and Andrew Brien of Fraser Coast Council with a number issues addressed with more to come:
- Town entry, riverside development, planter boxes, walking track Maria Ck, sewerage, oval improvement, community hall extensions, bridge, road works, railway boom gates – brought up.
MEETING CLOSED AT 8.35PM.
NEXT MEETING WILL BE HELD MONDAY. 7th SEPT., 2009
*ALL MEMBERS NOTE THAT YEARLY MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE OVERDUE & PAYABLE – CONTACT THE SECRETARY. Ph-41290996
*NEW MEMBERS IN ALL AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN
Our yearly AGM will be held on the 5th October and all fees must be paid by then as only financial members are eligible to vote in an executive placement and participate in member’s benefits, web advertising and function invitations. Please contact the secretary for payment. …Ph-07 41290996
| *President-Bill Gosewisch * Vice President-Mal Chard
* Secretary-Rhonda Davison *Treasurer-Bill Brown
*Publicity Oficer-Henry Sapiecha / firstname.lastname@example.org
Published by Henry Sapiecha 10th August 2009